The Quadriennale is based in the monumental Villa Carpegna complex. Within this complex, the Casino Nobile houses the head office of the institution and the rooms used for initiatives open to the public. The 19th-century farmhouse houses the Library Archive.
The Casino Nobile is the main building in the grounds of Villa Carpegna. Originally erected in the 17th century, it has undergone various transformations over the years.
Documented in the Gregorian Cadastre of 1818, the first nucleus of the Casale is described as a house “for dining purposes”, very probably with a portico.